Monday, April 12, 2010

ONLINE GAME - by Ngamjit T.


Online game is a kind of famous entertainment that causes a physical health, mental health and social problem. It is considered as a new trend among children. I think online game is not beneficial to children. The children without playing it will not get the problems to their physical and mental health which lead to the social problem.

The first is physical health problem, when children play game they need to be sit in front of the monitor for a long time. It will make their weak eyesight, neck ache, backache, stomachache, weakness, the heart beat and blood pressure getting higher. While they are playing game they feel stressed because they must focus to the monitor and find the way to win the game and get a higher score in a short time. How they could be healthy with spending most of their time to play game instead of playing sports which make them healthier.

The second is mental health problem. It will make them more aggressive and violent because of fighting with the enemies and facing the violence of the game which were repeated over and over. It is not practical to claim that being the winner of the game which is in the imagination world is the meaning of happiness. Playing game is not the only way to make them happy. They can get some exercise, traveling or doing some hobbies in their free time. It is impossible to be happy by playing game all the time.

The third & most important point is the gamer possibly avoid or escape from the society. It causes a lot of social problem. The children should pay attention to their study other than getting more online friends who just want to play game. The parents heard a lot about the game which put the children into a serious problem. In other word, game addiction caused depression personality which became lack of concentrate to their study and lead them only want to play game.

I realize that today the cyberspace is powerful knowledge for everyone. People accept that it is impossible to stop using computers. Most of the parents support their children to use computer for useful purposes. Online game is one of the entertainment channels for children. The parents have to watch out their behavior of playing online game. The government has to control and put some policies for online game shop; time limit, age of the gamer, game pattern. Online game is not beneficial for children. The parents should be awareness of its disadvantages to protect them from physical and mental health problem which undoubtfully effected to the society.

Ngamjit T.
520132003

2 comments:

  1. I think online game is one of the social problems of Thailand. In fact, online games have both advantages and disadvantages. But most children don’t know how to manage themselves with online games. They don’t play games but most of them are games addicts. We blame that it’s children’s fault. The most important reason is they don’t have strong mind. They are easily induced to the temptation. If we think critically, it’s because of parents and surroundings. They play games to fulfill their life or to express their feeling that they can’t do in real life.
    The solution of this problem is not only about children or parents, but all social parts should participate. It must take a long time to solve this problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. People always think government should take care of everything, are we putting blame on the government and empowering them to use law, force, and violence control our life???
    Playing online games is very individual, why it is a social problem?
    Online games portrays us another world, sex, violence, fantasies, excitement, world we never found in usual life. We should consider how game serves the addicted? Some feel lack of money will addict to which games, and one who lack of freedom will choose which games? Gender is important as well, men will choose different games from women, etc.
    When parents set rule to control child playing game, it’s a big conflict among them. Me, as once the online game addicted find that online games serve me the better world. I needn’t go real shopping when I play Sorority Life and needn’t spend money buying fish because I play happy aquarium. It also fulfils me in real life. I feel like I get friends and warmth when sisters in sorority life sharing items and feelings with me. At least, it makes me bigger, more powerful and important than the real world. Not playing game is like the lost of my capacity to control my life. I will lose my sexual attraction to guys when I cannot post my new pics and get new items in games. I will betray my friends if I not vote for them today, etc, Do you get me?
    The problem for me is why our life is so lifeless, lack of imagination, many rules, too rigid for some class of people? Feeling that playing game also reflects social class and social segregation. The one who feel oppressed will find something to pleasant themselves via games, or escape the world, living in game instead. Online games have people there, it’s more real, and I bind my identity to that character in my online game. I find myself killing time by playing game, it becomes my only enjoyment when lack of money and friends, lacking of supporting and caring, lacking of self importance and confidence, I get all from online games.

    ReplyDelete