Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Self Concious


When I look in the mirror, I never like the reflection of my own in there. I am basically invited to go to the swimming pool for the day with my friends. I would love to and really want enjoy swimming with them, too, but am also self-conscious about taking off my T-Shirt. I am worried that the other at the swimming pool will see on what I looked myself in the mirror. So, I had not gone to the pool than 2 years because I am so self conscious about my appearance.


Many people may think of guys, like me as being carefree when it comes to our appearance. But the reality is that a lot of guys spend plenty of time in front the mirror. That is true for me. I am worried about how I look and what the body image I have. I do not feel comfortable in my body and appearance. It allows me to be unconfident when I have to stand among a crowd of people.


This is a personal’s opinions, thought and feeling about what I think about the physical. It also cause to the feeling of having a self-image. So, how I feel about my body can affect to how I feel about myself. I sometimes feel compare myself to the other to why I cannot be good looking as the other guys are. I know that this is not good to look down myself and it can make me down. However, this is hard to change on what I have believed to my self image.


I have been several time to bounce up myself in changing my body and also given up for many times. Unlike the others, I am less likely to talk with friends and family about my body and/or how I can develop myself to think positive toward the self-image I have.


What should I do? Weather I should not trash myself and change my thought toward a self-image.

2 comments:

  1. I understand your problem. It’s human nature. Human never satisfy what they have got. I suggest that you should be more confident. A person whom you see in the mirror is “you”. You are unique. Whatever you are, you are the only one “Chaiyaporn” in this world. If you changed your appearance, would you feel like “You”, who’s in the mirror or not? People get stuck with illusion. It’s true that most girls like handsome guys. But why do some people who aren’t good looking have boyfriends or girlfriends? They can find a real love. I think it’s not about only the appearance but it’s about something inside your heart. Just believe in the way of who you are, and you’ll be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Self image is very important to talk about. Now we are taught to be perfect in every scene. The paparazzi hunts for celeb's images because it serve our desire to see how to be perfect. We have digital camera to catch our look and post in facebook to compare with our friends' looks. We are obsessed with self image for real. We care for the frizzy hair and even hairs on our face. We care how our pimples will be like and how to put concealer to hide them.

    I see many people complain about their looks, I think it's a indirect praising of oneself. They will pretend to say they not beautiful but actually they are. Then they will hear my consolation, I say "oh you guy is cute and slim, not worry bout that" But now this topic is not as fake as the past. People really think about their beauty.

    I am the one obsessed with look. Never satisfied with my face and shape, I try to improve them. I must spend much money on plastic surgery and diet pills if I can afford. But I can only dream of them.

    The medias are the one causing our demands. I think they encourage us to feel incomplete and not good enough then we will buy their products. Sometimes the glamorous magazines make me feel I am unfashionable and I need to wear those high end garments to be worth living in this world. Sometimes I feel really ashamed not possessing these 'it' items like 'it' girls having, for example Blackberry phone, Mulberry bags, Moccasin boots, wayfarer Ray ban, and bed hair. I feel I don't complete if I'm not look alike Kate Moss and wearing Boho looks like Nicole Richie. I shouldn't be born to this world coz I can't afford those cool things. I should die if I still wearing old t-shirt and last season jeans. The world is so cruel with this fashion police.

    It's hard to change our thought. If we are in society with body obsession we will have the same value. I really have no idea to deal with this problems, I am finding the way out, too.

    ReplyDelete